Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Zuchinni Bread Two Ways: Whole Wheat and Chocolate

I had some zucchini I had to use up this week, so of course, I wanted to make zucchini bread. I have never been too fond of the recipes I have, so I went searching. Well, on Sister's Cafe, I found two different kinds. One made with whole wheat flour and one that has cocoa powder in it to make it chocolaty. I wanted to try both, so I made both. Since they make at least two loaves, I froze one loaf of each kind for later consumption. Both are equally delicious! But, if I would have to choose, of course, I would go for the chocolate one. The chocolate one almost tastes like those big, chocolate muffins from Costco. And, the whole wheat one is truly my favorite. Chris LOVED both kinds and so did Lexi. So, I guess, it is up to you which one to try or if you are like me, you will just make both to give some variety to your life. But, seriously, this Summer make these, they are delcious!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Beat:
3 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla

Add:
2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa (I use dutch process)

*For extra chocolatey-ness, add a big handful of chocolate chips –however many you like!

Preheat oven to 350. Pour batter into greased (or use nonstick cooking spray) and sugared loaf pans Sugaring is just like flouring a pan–but do it with sugar. It makes for a delightfully sweet and crispy crust.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes
Note: I first made it in one 9 by 5 loaf pan and it took about 1 hour instead of 40-45 minutes. But then, the next time, I put the batter into two 9 by 5 loaf pans and that time it took me about 40 minutes, so I guess just be careful with the time.

Remember, when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, it is done!

Zucchini Bread


Mix:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup canola oil
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups zucchini, shredded

Stir and add:
2 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder

Pour into two bread pans sprayed with pam ( I used Baker's Joy). Bake at 325 for about 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment