Monday, June 6, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler

Chris loves cobbler in the summertime. As for me, I could take it or leave it. So, I don't prefer to make it that much.

Well, last night, I was craving sweets and Chris was too! So I thumbed through the Pioneer Woman cookbook, I got for Christmas, and fell upon this recipe for Blackberry Cobbler. I happened to have everything on hand, so I made it. I halved the recipe though, since it was just Chris and I. This cobbler was super easy and was super delicious! We loved it! I loved it! I think it converted me to liking cobbler. We put a dollop of homemade whipped cream on top and it was a perfect summery, Sunday, treat! I am planning on making this throughout the summer but switiching up the berries. So excited to have a cobbler recipe we both love!

Source: Pioneer Woman
Serves: 8

Ingredients:

1/4 pound (1 stick) butter, melted
1 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup self-rising flour (do NOT use all purpose)
1 cup milk ( I used 1% and it was great)
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, or blueberries, peaches, raspberries, and so on

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 3-qt. baking dish with butter
Place the stick of butter in a microwave safe dish. Heat for 30-45 seconds until melted
In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sugar with the flour and milk
whisk in the melted butter
rinse the blackberries and pat them dry
pour the batter into the baking dish. sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter
sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries
bake for 1 hour (mine took less because I halved it) or until golden brown and bubbly
when 10 minutes of cooking time remain, sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar over the top
serve with whipped cream or ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment