Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Raspberry Cream Pie

I got this recipe from Barefoot and Baking blog, and she got it from the pioneer woman. I made this dessert tonight, after going raspberry picking, and I have to say it is so good. It reminds me of summer, is light, and so unbelievably easy and fast to make, it is definately a keeper! I really enjoyed this, it is fantastic!

Ingredients:
25 oreos, crushed
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup fresh raspberries (be generous)
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 ( 6 oz each) containers of raspberry yogurt ( I used yoplait brand)
1 (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding box (I like Jello brand)
1 cup whipping cream

Directions:
Crust:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush oreos in food processor. Add melted butter to oreo crumbs. Press in pie pan. Bake for 3 minutes, just to set. Cool completely.

Filling:
Smash rasperries. Sprinkle with 3 Tbsp. sugar. Stir, and let sit for at least 20 minutes.

With electric mixer, I used my kitchen aide, combine yogurts and pudding mix. Pour in whipping cream and beat on low for 30 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl and then mix on med/high for 2 minutes, until mixture is thick. Fold in raspberries. Pour into crust. Freeze for at least two hours. Garnish with crumbled oreo cookies and fresh raspberries and whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment