Tuesday, December 21, 2010

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Another Version

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
from My Kitchen Cafe (www.melskitchencafe.com)
Chris and I love pulled pork sandwiches. I have already posted a delicious pulled pork recipe on this here blog, but this one I made last week, is even better. This one was so so easy and tasted so so good. My brother and his wife came for a visit, and they, too, thought these were delicious! Give it a try, you will love it too once you do.

3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (I've also used boneless pork loin - not tenderloin - but pork loin with good results)
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1 tablespoon hickory flavored liquid smoke
2 cups barbecue sauce

Rinse the pork shoulder and pat dry. Rub salt and pepper over the pork and place in a slow cooker. Add water and liquid smoke. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, until the pork is very tender.

Remove the pork from the slow cooker and discard the remaining liquid. Shred the pork using a couple of forks. Place the meat back in the slow cooker along with the barbecue sauce and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until the pork is hot again. Serve on buns with extra barbecue sauce.

Notes:
Liquid smoke is most commonly found near the bbq sauces/Worcestershire sauce aisle. Walmart carries it along with other grocery stores, not hard to find, you just have to be in the right section.
Note:
I slather some butter on the top and bottom of the buns and stick them under the broiler for a few minutes. So good this way.
I also serve it with coleslaw either on the side or right on top of this pork goodness!
I also reccommend using either homemade BBQ sauce or our family's favorite: Sweet baby Rays brand. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment