Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Black and White Bean Dip

I was going to bring this to our ward RS's progressive dinner tonight, but the dinner was cancelled due to poor weather conditions. So, I still made it tonight, and we had it for dinner. I loved this so much! I could not stop eating it, really addicting this stuff is. Chris liked it, but could not get over the fact there was no refried beans in this bean dip. He has apparently never had bean dip without the stuff. But once he got over it, he loved it too!
I will say, we had a hard time finding the shoepeg corn. I have now learned that Green Giant is pretty much the only brand it comes in and in MI where we live, I was only able to find this type of corn at Kroger, also known as Fry's for my western friends :)And, I think you could sub a sweet white corn for the shoepeg if you cannot find it. Anyways, this is great for an appetizer, which is originally what I intended it to be, but it also works for lunch or dinner as I have now learned tonight. So enjoy, and I got this recipe from Sisters Cafe and Kitchen Cafe. I love when I find the same recipe on two different blogs, because I know it must be good if two people find it yummy.

1 can of black beans-drained
1 can of white beans-drained (I used navy beans, but Great Northern Beans work too)
1 can of shoepeg corn-drained (Green Giant is the only brand I found it in)
1 7oz can of Herdez salsa verde
2 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese
4-6 chopped roma tomatoes (I used 4 and squeezed out some of the juice before cutting)
garlic salt to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
Avocado-optional (if you ask me, it is NOT optional, so good with it)


Preheat oven to 400. Put everything (except for the avocado) in a bowl and gently mix together. Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick spray before spooning in the bean mixture. Sprinkle a little cheese on top and pop into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and it is all warm and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with diced avocado and serve with tortilla chips---YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment