Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Cider Syrup

Yesterday, we went to the apple orchards and picked up some cider. So, I had to try this apple cider syrup I saw on Sisters Cafe. I am so glad I did! This syrup was so yummy on our pancakes this morning. The flavors were so full of fall! All of us really enjoyed it! I cannot wait to try these on our pumpkin pancakes next month! Yum!

Note: This makes a lot of syrup, I halved it for our family, and still had quite a bit left.
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBs cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups fresh apple cider (or juice would work)
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter

Mix sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg well. Add apple cider and lemon juice*. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, use within a week or two.

*I didn't have a lemon, so I left out the lemon juice and honestly it still tasted great! I'll try it again with the lemon juice one day and see if it makes a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment