Thursday, October 21, 2010

Buttermilk Banana Bread

This is, hands down, the BEST banana bread! I LOVE it! Lexi helped me make this tonight while Chris was at school late, and we had a blast not only making it, but eating it warm and fresh out of the oven! Seriously, I am loving cooking with buttermilk lately, it makes a huge difference in baking, I am learning. But, you HAVE to make this banana bread recipe. You HAVE to! Go, right now, make it! It is super yummy! Did I say it was yummy? Really, that is how excited I am about this banana bread. Just pure awesomeness! Make it and tell me if you agree with me! I have already posted a banana bread recipe that is absolutely delicious as well, but I have to say, this one might be even better!

Source: My Kitchen Cafe, of course!
*Note: Often times, I'll decrease the sugar to 1 cup, increase the bananas to 1 1/2 cups and the bread still turns out extremely moist and delicious!

*Makes 1 large loaf

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (I use about 3 average sized bananas)
4 tablespoons buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Grease and flour 1 large loaf pan (9 1/4 X 5 1/4-inch) or whatever combination of pans you'd like (several commenters have said this recipe works great made into muffins or smaller loaf pans).

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla until the batter is well mixed. Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Mix until well combined. Divide batter into greased and floured bread pans and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment