Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coconut Syrup

This is my new favorite syrup recipe for pancakes, waffles, etc. It is delish! I am telling you, this recipe as most of my recent posts, comes from the Sisters Cafe. I definately found a winner blog right there! Anyways, it is pretty much the most amazing stuff on Earth. Try it and you will fall in love just as I have.

7-8 Tbsp. butter
3/4 c. buttermilk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. coconut extract

Place butter, buttermilk, and sugar in a pot. Then turn stove on medium and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil one minute. Remove from heat and add soda and flavoring. It will bubble up; just continue to stir and give it a few minutes for the "fizz" to reduce before serving.

Note: for my little family, I halved this recipe and we still had some left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment