Saturday, October 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

I cannot believe I did not post this recipe yet! I made this trifle for Christine's baby blessing gathering about a month ago and it got such awesome reviews and reactions that I knew I had to make it again for something. Well, super saturday was my chance. I made it and it was very well liked. A couple of ladies told me they went off their diets just so they could try it, that is how pretty it looked, and they all told me it was well worth it! One lady even told me it was "sinful" So, don't just take it from me, take it from the now 60 plus people I have made this for over this last month and make this. It is so rich so peanut buttery and chocolately and so so so good! Trust me, it is so worth making!


9x13 pan of brownies, cut into 1 inch pieces
5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
½ cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
8 oz container thawed whipped topping (Cool Whip), divided
20 peanut butter cups, crumbled (buy in a 10-pack. Not the bite-sized)
6-8 peanut butter cups to garnish.

Combine pudding and milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla, beat until smooth. Gently fold in 2 cups cool whip.
Layer in trifle dish ½ the brownies, ½ the crumbled peanut butter cups, ½ the pudding mixture. Repeat. Top with cool whip and peanut butter cups. (Or shaved chocolate curls, as I did.) Chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment