Sunday, February 27, 2011

Melanie's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies: My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie

These are truly the best chocolate chip cookies. EVER. After making these, you can throw all your other recipes out! I know I have posted another chocolate chip cookie recipe that I claimed to be the best, but I now stand corrected. These are the best. I even made a different recipe today for Lexi's birthday treat in nursery, and when Chris tried one, he said they were good, but not as good as these bad boys! I made these this week for my activity day girls and they LOVED them! So did some of their moms. These are just absolutely the best. I have nothing else to say. Use good chocolate chips, though. I like the Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips the best, they are big and when they melt in the cookie they become gooey and out of this world! So, make these and you can thank me later :)
submitted by Brittany at sisterscafe.blogspot.com


1 cube (1/2 cup) butter, softened *not melted!*
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix butter, shortening and sugars - do not over mix. (he key to this recipe is minimal mixing - try it with a wooden spoon instead of a mixer.) Add vanilla and eggs. Sift together dry ingredients and add them next. Mix until everything is combined. Add one package of milk chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Take them out when they are barely brown. Serve fresh out of the oven with milk... YUM!

Hints: DO NOT OVERBAKE AT ALL! The bottoms and sides should be just a hint of brown, remember, an underbaked cookie is always better than an overbaked one.
Minimal mixing is crucial to success. I use the wooden spoon as suggested and just barely mix until everything comes together. It works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment