Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Honey Lime Fruit Salad

I know, I know, you don't really need a recipe for fruit salad, I mean you just throw fruit in a bowl right? But, let me tell you something. Once you make this fruit salad, you will never eat it another way again. What makes this special you might be wondering? Well, what makes this stand out is the fresh taste of lime zest, the sweet, subtle hint of honey, and the poppy seeds not only make it look as pretty as a picture, it lends a good texture as well. Really, this fruit salad was so good! I cannot wait for the summer months where I can make this over and over and over. It is very refreshing and I felt like it was summer when I was eating it, even if outside shows me different :)


*Note: This fruit salad is best served right away (or at least within an hour of making) because the strawberries tend to stain the light colored fruit. It doesn't affect the taste at all but is a slight bummer for presentation.

*Serves 4

1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained well
1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
2-3 ripe kiwi, peeled and sliced into thick half moons
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 cup strawberries, quartered
Zest from one lime, about 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)

Combine the fruit in a medium-large serving bowl. Add the lime zest and poppy seeds, if using, and gently toss. Drizzle the honey over the fruit and again, gently mix until the fruit is evenly coated with the honey. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment