Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Avena-Healthy Oatmeal Shake

I made this for Chris and I's breakfast this morning, and we were quite satisfied. We both loved this so much! Chris said it tasted like Horchata to him and I just thought it was dang good and a fun way to get more oatmeal into my body. It was easy to make and was so filling. I was worried I would be hungry too fast but it held me until lunch. I will definately be making this for breakfast again and I want to see if I can get Lexi to drink this too, we will see. Enjoy!

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 123.9 • Fat: 1.8 g • Protein: 6.8 g • Carb: 21.3 g • Fiber: 3.2 g

1/2 cup quick oats
2 cups water
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup ice
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ground cinammon

Cook oats and water in a small pot for about a minute or two, stirring often until it becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and let it cool a few minutes.

In a blender add milk, sugar, cinammon. Add oats and ice. Blend on high until very smooth. Chill in refrigerator or pour in a glass over ice. Enjoy!! Makes 4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment