Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tricolor Pasta Salad

I love pasta salad, but I am in love with this one. This was a huge hit with my friends. I almost forgot I was dieting and would have eaten the entire thing myself, except I remembered I should be careful :) This is so good! The basil pesto and pinenuts just add so much flavor and jazz up an ordinary pasta salad. This would be great served as a side dish for a BBQ and I also think you could add some grilled chicken to make it a main dinner course. But, however you want it, just make it! It will change the way you view pasta salad.
from My Kitchen Cafe (www.melskitchencafe.com)

1 12 oz. package Pasta Rotini, tri colored, cooked and drained
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 can black olives, sliced
¼ cups red onion, finely diced
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
6 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
4 tablespoons basil pesto
2/3 cup creamy Caesar dressing
2 teaspoons sauté spice (equal parts black pepper, salt, and garlic powder)
½-1 cup toasted pine nuts

Cook pasta and coat with Caesar dressing while warm. Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the pine nuts) and toss. Top with toasted pine nuts.

Note: I served mine at room temperature, but Chris ate it straight out of the fridge and said that was good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment