Sunday, March 13, 2011

Strawberry, Pinenuts, and Feta Salad with a Zesty Lemon Dressing

I made this for lunch today and Chris and I each loved it! It reminded me of Spring and how I want MI to have Spring SOON! This salad so got me in the spirit for warmer weather and sunshine. The dressing is light and refreshing and yummy! We served it will roasted chicken and it was one delicious lunch. I will definately be making this salad again, maybe for Easter, we will see. Anyways, you must make this for a quick, healthy, satisfying lunch, you will not be disappointed, I promise.

Thanks Sisters Cafe for another amazing recipe
Note: I halved the salad and dressing recipe, since there was only two of us and it made a nice sized portion. So, I would say if you make recipe as it, it would probably feed 4-5 adults as a side salad.


3T fresh lemon juice
3T sugar
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp grated lemon rind
1/4 cup canola or light olive oil

3 cups fresh spinach
1 cup fresh strawberries ,sliced
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
Feta cheese to taste (I used Gorgonzola, because that is what I had, and it tasted good still)

In blender combine lemon juice, sugar, mustard, grated lemon rind and oil. Pulse until mixture is combined , thickened and sugar is dissolved.

In a large bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries, nuts and feta. Toss with enough dressing to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment