Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cinnamon Apple Spiced Oatmeal

This entire week, I have been eating this oatmeal. Let me tell you, it is good and satisfying, especially for the cold, wintry weather we have been having still. I am not normally an oatmeal kind of person, in fact, I used to say I hate oatmeal. But, this recipe has changed my mind. This oatmeal reminds me of Fall and has such a wonderful flavor, I have no problem eating the entire bowl. I love it and the fact that it is heart healthy and full of fiber and protein and no salt makes me love it all the more.

P.S. The homemade apple butter is what makes this oatmeal so fantastic! It is easy to make and is a must. I will post the apple butter recipe next!

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 1 • Serving Size: 1 bowl • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 228.7 • Fat: 2.5 g • Protein: 5.2 g • Carb: 50.2 g • Fiber: 5.6 g
1/3 cup uncooked quick oats (I use 1/2 cup uncooked)
2 tbsp apple butter
dash of cinnamon
1 tbsp low fat granola

Cook oatmeal in water according to package directions. Pour cooked oatmeal in a bowl and top with apple butter, granola, cinnamon. You can add a little skim milk if you like your oatmeal thinner. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment