Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Best Sloppy Joes Ever!

Sloppy joes are not the prettiest of food, but they are sure good when done right. I have had a lot of good sloppy joes in my day, but this one I made tonight for dinner is my all time new favorite. It took less than 30 minutes to make and it is absolutely delicious. The best part is all of the ingredients were things I always have on hand, so it was very inexpensive as well! So, for a fast, yummy weekday meal you have to give these a try!

Source: Sister Cafe

1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef (I used extra lean ground beef)
1 onion, chopped
3/4 c. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
1.5 T. mustard
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. worcestershire sauce

Chop onion and assemble ingredients. Brown ground turkey/beef and onion in a large frying pan. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, just so sauce can thicken and flavors can mingle a bit. Serve on hamburger bun or whatever you would like. Voila!

*I almost always toast the buns with cheddar cheese slices under the broiler and then slop the joe on top. It is very yummy this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment