Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cranberry Pumpkin Bread

I had leftover pumpkin and leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving, and so when I ran across this recipe, I knew I just had to try it. Oh my Goodness! It is so good. Chris and I are not cranberry people, but in this bread, we ate our fair share. This bread is delicious and smells incredible! It freezes well and makes great gifts to neighbors if made in the small loaf pans. So, give it a try, if you aren't too sick of pumpkin things yet.

4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
4 cups sugar
4 ½ cups flour
2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 cups cranberries, fresh ( I chop in food processor)

Preheat oven to 350
In a bowl combine eggs, pumpkin puree and oil. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add cranberries and mix well. Divide dough into 2 big loaf pans, and 1 small one . Bake for 50 minutes.

Heidi's Note: I halved the recipe and just made it in one large loaf pan. As a result, I had to increase the time spent cooking by 10 minutes, so mine cooked for 1 hour rather than 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment