Monday, November 15, 2010

IHOP French Toast

I love french toast! I think it is my all time favorite breakfast food, and it has been, ever since I was little. Well, I love thick french toast. Normally, I make french toast on Texas Toast, but lately it has been hard to find at my grocery store. So, when I came across this recipe, which calls for French Bread, I thought I would give it a try. Oh boy! It was so so so so good! Pure bliss for me! The coconut syrup only added to my joy. So, try this for breakfast sometime, it is worth every bite!

2 eggs
½ c. milk
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 T. flour
6 slices of thick sliced French bread

First beat eggs, then add remaining ingredients with electric mixer. Dip both sides of bread and place in hot buttered pan. Flip over when browned. Serve with Coconut Syrup.

Coconut Syrup
As you must know by now (since I include this syrup recipe with every breakfast post I make!) this is my all time favorite syrup, and we ALWAYS serve it with hot breakfasts, whether it be waffles, pancakes, crepes or french toast. It’s unbeatable!

7-8 T. butter
¾ c. buttermilk
1 c. sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp coconut extract

Place butter, buttermilk and sugar in a pot. Then turn stove on medium and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil one minute. Remove from heat and add soda and flavoring. It will bubble up; just continue to stir and give it a few minutes for the 'fizz' to reduce before serving.
source:Sister Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment